Tadoba National Park
One of the most notable and oldest Parks of Maharashtra is Tadoba National Park. It is situated in the Chandrapur district of the state and is the largest Tiger Park in Maharashtra. Tadoba National Park is also referred to as Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve due to River Andhari that flows in this area.
The term ‘Tadoba’ is derived from ‘Tadoba’, the name of God worshipped by local people in the Chandrapur district. Though Andhari Wildlife Sanctuary was established in 1986, Tadoba National Park was established way back in 1955. Both of these places were amalgamated in 1995 and brought under Project Tiger. Since then the Park is better known as Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve.
There is a great history behind the Park name. Tadoba or Taru was the chief of the village and people worshipped him like God. But sadly, he was killed during an encounter with a tiger. After the incident, a shrine of Tadoba Guru was made under a huge tree on the bank of Tadoba Lake, as a dedication to the chief.
The total area of the reserve is 1727 sq km, out of which Tadoba Park covers an area of approximately 625.4 sq km. Area: 625.4 square km Location: Chandrapur district of Maharashtra Established: 1955
Major Tourist Attractions in Tadoba National Park
This lake lies in the middle of Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve. There are more than 200 bird species found in the lake area and include Indian Pitta, Paradise Flycatcher, Indian roller. Commonly seen birds include golden oriole, grey hornbill, black-hooded oriole.
It is a small village that serves as an entry gate to the Moharli zone of the reserve. One can easily get private gypsies at this place for Jungle Safari in the reserve.
This dam is situated across Erai River near Tadoba National Park. It is around 1620 meters long and has a height of 30m. It has a great storage capacity i.e. 226500 cu km and its volume content is 985 cu km.
It is a beautiful village near Tadoba. One of the village borders connects to Kosla zone as the entry gate of the Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve. It is a great place for nature lovers due to its picturesque beauty.
Flora & Fauna
- Pre-book your safaris to get the most out of your trip to Tadoba
- Book at least 4 safaris,2 for mornings and 3 for the afternoon so that you can spot maximum wildlife
- Don’t forget to carry printouts of your id card and booking documents.
- Wear full sleeves clothes to avoid sunburns in summer
- The jungle is dusty and hence, carrying the shades is a must to protect eyes.
- Carry light food and water as jungle safari can be 3-4 hours long
Where to Stay
There are many luxurious places to stay in Tadoba. A list is given here as under:
- Tiger Trails Jungle Lodge
- Camp Serai Tiger
- Irai Safari Retreat
- Svasara Jungle Lodge
- Tiger Heaven Resort
- Tadoba Tiger King Resort
How to get there?
- The nearest Airport is Nagpur tat is about 1140 km away from Tadoba. From there, it takes about 3 hours to reach the Tadoba National Park.
- There are two train stations nearby Tadoba. Chandrapur train station is around 49 km while Nagpur station is 151 km away from Tadoba.
- Chandrapur and Chimur bus stop is nearest i.e.32 km away from Tadoba. One can also hire cabs from Mohrali.
- Don’t roam around alone in the jungle after its dark
- Don’t purchase any tickets from unauthorized travel agents
- Refrain from showing any affection to animals as they may not like it
- Don’t cause any disturbance to co-visitors
- Don’t smoke in the forest
- Don’t light campfires in the forest.
For economical stay in the budget, Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation Hotel in Mohrali and Maharashtra Guest House by Forest Development Corporation is also available.
If you are excited & Feel that you could witness the serene beauty of the wonderland on earth, then we could definitely help you in many ways by taking the pleasure & honor to host the most memorable trips you have ever done. Select from our most authentic, versatile & vibrant tours, moreover you will get......
|DAY VISIT SAFARI|