Katerniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary
The lush green Katerniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary includes Sal and Teak forests. The forests are quiet and peaceful as if untouched by any form of civilization. This unique characteristic makes this place an awesome place for those seeking vacation in a natural place with sweet sound of birds and with some patience to see wildlife creatures, in case they go lucky. The whole Terai ecosystem comprises thick forests with swamps, grasslands and wetlands. Gairwa River that flows in this area is already declared as a sanctuary for Mugger and Gharial. It is among the world’s best places to look out for Gharial. It also forms a natural habitat to turtles, fish and other aquatic life.
The overall view of the river is picturesque as long forest tracks on both banks of the river create coves. This also attracts motorboat visitors in this area. Mugger crocodiles are also found in this river but in very small number.The jungle is unusually calm but the alarming sounds of Langur and Chital warn the native tribal regarding the arrival of the Forest King i.e. the Tiger. This animal avoids human but makes his presence felt by scat and pug marks. Many other creatures are also found in the jungle like Sambar, Deer, Leopards, Elephants and Rhino. At night, one can easily see night creatures like Jackals, Porcupines and bats. One must be careful at night as these creatures are active and can cause harm.The swamps and lakes are home to many water birds, migratory birds and Otters.
Day 01 : Arrival at Katerniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary
Day 02 : Adventure Safari
Day 03 : Departure After the Last Adventure
1. These packages are customizable, which means that changes can be done to the itinerary/activity, if you desire so. The final payment will be calculated as per the changes made in the itinerary which will be outlined in the confirmatory e-mail sent to you.
2. We do not bear the responsibility of refund for any unused accommodation, missed meals, transportation segments, sightseeing tours or any other service. Such unused items are neither refundable nor exchangeable.
3. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows:
- 31 Days or more before departure - 50% of the Tour / service cost
- Less than 30 days before departure - Non Refundable
Written cancellation will accept on all working days, except Sunday, Any cancellation sent on Sunday's will be considered on next working day (Monday)./ service cost 30 days prior to arrival: Non Refundable.